Monday, June 25, 2007

Astute reader and commentor, Eric, points out that in my very first post there is a spelling error and wonders that since he pointed this out to me, if this will generate a venting outburst. Quite the contrary. I am serene in the knowledge that when typing even explanations of spleen venting one is apt to make mistakes. A mistake was made here by the idot who typed this in, whomever it may be.

I was reserving my first venting expedition for the proposed new tennis courts that the city is considering. My reasoning for being inflamed over this development is not that I hate tennis, quite the contrary. I've played tennis all my life, my grandmother lettered in tennis at the University of Wisconsin in 1918. Her daughter, my aunt, was at one time the Missouri state womens amateur champion, my Dad was a good player and I played in high school. No, I am disturbed that the city is planning on funding 35-40 new courts on the outskirts of town, when in fact we have 40+ public courts in town that no one seems to use.

This was a point of discussion in the annual West Texas Bloggers Roundtable last week. I made my case and no one seemed to care. It's hard to be angry when no one cares, so forget it!

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Wallace, in my case, it was that the proposal was "news to me" ..... I really had not heard anything - yea or nay - regarding the proposal, until Friday .....

I came away from that meeting, though, with a lot of new info ..... I am not a tennis fan, and had no idea how many courts how city already had, or how much/little they were used .....